Summer is a time of warm weather, visiting beautiful beaches, and enjoying the best ice cream money can buy. However, despite the incredible fun, there are moments when emergencies can occur. Power outages are a perfect example of said emergency. Depending on where you are in the world, they can occur more often than not. Electrical system failures, storms, and heat waves are the most common causes of power outages or rolling blackouts.
Still, experiencing a power outage is an emergency you can effectively prepare for, thanks to the availability of solar powered generators. Serving as a home battery backup, you are provided the power you need for appliances, lights, and devices whenever power outages occur. With such a beneficial resource like this, power emergencies all of a sudden don’t sound so bad.
In this article, we’ll teach you how to stay prepared for potential power outages this summer with a comprehensive guide covering everything from emergency kit essentials to selecting the best solar generator.
Emergency kits are your best friends
It is essential that you prepare for your home needs, which means ensuring you stay cool, hydrated, fed, and, most importantly, safe when the power goes out. Below is a list of a few items you should include in your emergency kit.
- First-aid kit
- Non-perishable foods
- Can opener
- Extra batteries
- Frozen cold packs
- Car and phone chargers
- Hand-powered fans
- Water bottles/electrical water pump
Ensure your emergency kit is stored in a place that can be easily reached and that you replenish certain supplies if they haven’t been used for a long period of time. This brings us to the next point: stock up on necessary supplies.
Always have what you need to endure power outages
A few of the essential supplies needed are mentioned above, such as hand-powered fans, water, and cold packs. However, you should also include these items when stocking up for the next emergency:
- Weather radio
- Power bank
- Battery-operated lantern
- Sleeping bags
- Pet food
- Board games/playing cards
- Hand sanitizer
- Long-burning candles
- Portable power station
Make a plan that’ll keep you safe
They say thinking ahead gets you ahead, and the best way to do that during an emergency power outage is with a comprehensive plan of action. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
Consider having a place to relocate
- This could be a home in another town or city, a shelter, or even a hotel with sufficient power. This is especially important for those with medical conditions or who frequently work from home.
Stock up on necessary supplies
- This includes water, non-perishable food, ice packs, battery-powered devices, first-aid kits, and more. Once the summer season rolls around, it is best to begin preparing these supplies, especially if power outages are inevitable where you live. Staying cool will become a priority during heat waves. Therefore, battery-powered portable fans will be a great addition to your emergency shopping list.
Purchase a solar generator backup
- Keep important devices, appliances, and more powered when you need them with a reliable solar generator, like the Dabbsson DBS2300. Just ensure that you always follow manufacturer guidelines for safe use.
Stay in the know
- Consider subscribing to local and national weather and public emergency websites, podcasts, or channels to receive essential alerts leading up to a power outage. Moreover, with the right devices, you can continue to be informed when deciding the best course of action during and after the emergency. Sources like the Red Cross and the National Fire Protection Association are great places to start.
Keep your medicine cabinet filled
- Stock up on aspirin, cough medicine, or any other medical supplies that will most likely come in handy when things go dark. If you or someone else has a medical condition, ensure that you have an adequate amount of prescription medicine or resources available.
Install surge protectors
- Surge protectors help to keep your devices and appliances like TVs and computers safe from electrical damage during power outages. Although you should unplug these devices during power emergencies, surge protectors are important resources if you have no choice.
Why you need to invest in a solar powered generator
Perhaps the greatest resource you could have during any power outage is a solar generator. Not only do they power up your essential appliances, lights, and devices they provide you and your family a strong sense of comfort and safety. Here are a few reasons to consider:
Power almost all of your home appliances
During rolling blackouts, a solar generator backup like the Dabbsson DBS2300 will power your TVs, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee pots, lights, and much more. With AC outlets and multiple ports, you and your family will have the tools you need to survive any power outage for long hours.
Eco-friendly powered by free fuel
Solar panel generators are powered via direct sunlight, which is converted to AC and DC power. This means you won’t need to purchase gas or oil to keep your power station running. No pollution or harmful emissions, just clean, free, and renewable energy, keeping you safe during daunting power outages.
Low-maintenance energy source
Compared to gas-powered generators, you’ll pay significantly less in running costs and maintenance with solar generators. Therefore, they are not only eco-friendly but are easy and inexpensive to maintain.
Portable and quiet
Dabbsson offers portable home solar generators that you can easily move as needed. Moreover, they are library quiet, so you never have to worry about any loud machine rattling as you try to comfort your family or pets during power outages.
Be mindful of generator safety
Purchasing a new solar generator is the first part of the process. However, you must know how to operate it properly, especially during emergencies. Here are a few steps you should always consider during operation:
Install all solar panels correctly
Ensure your solar panels are connected to your control system, which will channel electricity to the generator battery. The inverter will then convert the DC power to AC, afterward, fueling your appliances, devices, and more. If not properly connected, this process will be stalled, something that’s not desired when power outages occur.
Turn off the main circuit breaker
Doing this will prevent electricity from flowing from your home to local power grids and thus keep utility workers out of harm’s way when trying to restore power. After turning off the main circuit breaker, you can connect your solar panels and turn on your inverter.
Prioritize energy use wisely
You never want to exceed the capacity of your solar panels or lower your generator battery too quickly. Avoiding this means keeping a close eye on your energy consumption and making adjustments where you see fit. The duration of power outages is usually unpredictable, so monitor energy usage wisely to ensure you have the power you need for as long as you need it.
The home solar generator you need to illuminate your summer blackouts
Dabbsson DBS2300 Portable Home Backup Power Station
With Dabbsson, worrying about power outages or any other power emergencies is a thing of the past. The Dabbsson DBS2300 features a 2330Wh total capacity and 2200W total output via 15 ports, allowing you to power almost all of your home appliances, smart devices, and more fast and conveniently.
Dabbsson’s industry-leading EV Semi-solid State LiFePO4 Battery maintains much lower temperatures than Li-NMC batteries with 4500 fast charging cycles. Even when using for long periods during emergencies, your generator battery stays cool, long-lasting, and fully functional.
- Industry-leading EV Semi-solid State LiFePO4 Battery
- 3000W Max Solar Charging
- Dedicated Smart Dabbsson App
- Expandable Capacity up to 8330Wh
- 15 Ports to Power All Your Appliances
- 4 Fast Recharging Options (AC/Solar/Car/Generator)
- Plug and Play Home Backup Power
To sum up
Summer is a fun-filled season, but just like any other time of the year, emergencies can arise, and it is important that you keep you and yours safe. Power outages are common, but with the right supplies and tools, you can plan ahead and be fully prepared whenever they occur.
This means ensuring you are equipped with the essentials, like medicine, water, non-perishables, and food. It also means staying informed via local weather or emergency alerts so that you can act wisely before, during, and after any power outage.
Investing in a solar powered generator, like the Dabbsson DBS2300, will elevate your preparedness to new levels. During any blackout, you get a long-lasting battery that is capable of powering almost all of your appliances via AC ports. Of course, this is all powered by clean, renewable energy. So not only will you be reducing your carbon footprint, you’ll also keep your home powered throughout emergencies and your family safe.
Keep your summers fun and memorable, even when things go temporarily wrong.
Dabbsson offers incredible products that are built with the features you need for long-lasting and reliable power at an affordable price. Ensure you’re never without the appliances or devices you need. Visit Dabbsson.com today!